Sunday, March 16, 2008

George Bush


This is a journal drawing I did after the 9/11 attacks and in the early days of the buildup to the invasion of Iraq. It was done at a time when anyone who dissented was treated as an anti-American apologist for terrorists. (Someone actually called me this in response to a letter I wrote expressing the need for intelligent, well thought out actions, not all out war.)

Anyway, it is GWB. I was trying to decide while listening to all of his lies whether he most resembled a rat, weasel, or snake. I think any of these comparisons only demonize the poor animals referenced, and obfuscate the truth, that he could only be one kind of animal, human.

I submitted the piece to an online show at Drawger and they accepted it. The entire show can be seen here: Drawger: Portraits of a President.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just for the record, I always referred to him as the lying pig. The weasel was John McCain.

Like your blog.

Bill Koeb said...

Thank you Shirliana. Hopefully, McCain won't be the next pres. and we will have someone with a conscience and some sense of morality and decency. Maybe we will get someone who is also really smart.

Bill