Friday, April 11, 2008

Stolen Works

I recently found some old drawings of mine on the myspace page of a young artist. I have asked him to remove the drawings, and have been met at every turn with angry, vitriolic responses. I do not know if he is insane, or why this is happening, but I feel that I need to put a stop to it. I am not mentioning his name, because I am hopeful that this will be resolved without having to resort to that and I am hoping to keep this out of court.

In an attempt to show that the works I am claiming as my own, truly are, I am posting some examples of works on the same theme, done at roughly the same time, 1997 to 2000. I will post the works that I am claiming were stolen from me shortly. I appreciate any comments or feedback on this. Also, if anyone has sketches of mine in their possession, I would greatly appreciate scans. I regret having to do this. It is not supposed to be like this. I don't think anyone should have to protect their work to this extent, and have to resort to more than one letter to ask for the work to come down. As I wrote above, the artist in question, claims to have done the work. I don't know how this is possible, as that I remember doing them and have even based paintings on them. Anyway, here are my drawings.

Regards,

Bill













No comments: