Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Illustration Academy

I drove down to Sarasota yesterday to visit George Pratt and check out the Illustration Academy. I will post a longer entry later, but briefly, I want to say that it is one of the best learning environments for artists that I have seen. The instructors have been looking at thumbnails for the past couple of days and giving the students honest and constructive feedback and really working hard to help everyone work out issues with their sketches and reach solutions. It is very hands on and they have generously let me throw in my two cents and give the students feedback.

I highly recommend the program for any art student who wants to get the most out of their school experience and really get to the heart of making pictures.

To learn more about the program, check out their site. Illustration Academy

No comments: